Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Art and Culture Back with Sawaya Exhibit

Nathan Sawaya's famed works will be back in Hollywood, FL's cozy and historic Art and Culture Center for a third time beginning this weekend. I have liked his exhibits in the past as they manipulate the LEGO brick to a really mind blowing degree. 2008 was the first rotation and outdid the center's expectations while 2010 seemed to have produced a successful year. (Now, I missed the 2010 show due to an international trip.)
You guys should check it out. He manipulates physics to which small points of contacts hit the ground, making the center of gravity of each model both interesting and challenging to redo.

The other treat is the contest held each exhibit. With a (new?) entry fee, one can put their models for show and get prizes. I succeeded in 2008 (almost mistakenly calling myself a group, but glad I didn't!). I want to express a new idea this year with a new, wholly thought out model. I am indeed shooting for a signature train build this year and give it a more innovative diorama. We'll wait and see as the months progress; I have a bit of time to enter my piece this year.

http://artandculturecenter.org/nathan-sawaya has the full scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment