Friday, July 13, 2012

Compression... Challenge Accepted

Slightly against my wishes to maintain a square, 64x64 property, Element will very likely be under a drastic overhaul project this weekend. I am only giving myself a whopping 3 days to do it: Friday , Saturday, and Sunday. I don't want the 2 dedicated months to prove a waste in the giant's progress but I want it to fit better with Robin's Skypoint, which apparently was completed and posted on Flickr. Actually, I'm surprised it came out that short; it's supposed to be a bit taller at 375 feet.

Element can bear:

  • Left and right 4 stud concrete walls dropped to 2 studs
  • 6-8-6 garage bays dropped to a 4-6-4. Canopies stay the same.




The model will still take up 2 baseplates, and yes with the outside section it will hit about 56 studs. But it is going to work out well. The 4 to 2 reduction will work the same on the other sides, reducing that span from 66 to 62 studs initially, though I should end up gaining it back with the grille details at the end. The catch with the 2 baseplate occupancy though is that the outside 4 on the West side will build in to Tampa St. leaving the rest to fiddle the remaining 44 to 48 studs out. This allows Franklin to sneak in to the last 16 studs but it will S-curve right like the real deal with some innovative way. Lots of engineering but as I said, I have put 2 months and don't want to have to put those to waste. Most of these are stacked up so the transition should be smooth save for knocking the inside wall down.

No comments:

Post a Comment