Sunday, July 8, 2012

Another Impostor Company Strikes....



I can really care less when a clone brand comes in and sells LEGO. Technically it's legal as the patents have expired already, but what I really hate about it is the fact that they really compromise the quality and then LEGO's the bad guy when it comes to quality issues since it's the known name.

Why I'm blogging them...
I just find it hilarious how this company has shot themselves in the foot. Their website, bythepound.ca has ripped off the company's own image of plastic bricks. While the image is not current, I have seen it in the past. You can retrieve the image by clicking on one of the buckets, of any color. If you drag the image to the URL bar, you can also identify the file name as Turnbull_Lego_large or something like that. While they may be proven innocent by the idea of making plastic bricks, they can be proven guilty real easily by simple copyright infringement. I can bet they did not get consent from the company and just copied, then reproduced the image. The image looks to be older and from a past brick bucket or brick box, indexed under "Individual Bricks/Building Accessories" on LEGO SAH.

Seeing the embedded, you can tell this company's bricks are of lower quality. Brick Show endorses this for gifting, but I endorse LEGO's parts buckets any day. Shamefully those have inflated in price, however. In 2004, set 4496 the Bricks and Creations tub was 1,000 elements and only set one back 20 USD. Now a 650 part box sets one back 30 USD. Ridiculous. My best swag was Set 4679, a variant of 4496, except with an additional 500 parts which were absolutely random and colorful. I was about to get a second one year later but had to pass as I think 7046 the Fire Boat and one of my all time favorite World City sets was on shelf.  Anyway, back on, LEGO has much better intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment