Tuesday, October 18, 2011

LEGO 2012 - Another Golden Year for City?

2007 was one of the best years for City. Then there were a few goodies in 08, 09, and 10. 11 - not so much even though I like the fishing line. But this coming year, my friends, is a must for any fan.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61214

The Hi-Res pics are out now. This also means that the details of each set are available for one to marvel, since it is so clear now. Cut out the Fire and the Ranger Police and Trucks lines are the best you'll ever see. While I prefer to skip sets like the offroad carrier and ambulance, I say that a devoted fan MUST AND MUST get the garbage truck, recycle truck, and caravan! Needless to say I just built a similar model (in macro-scale for Sawgrass), the caravan is a sleek beauty.

In the police line they are bringing out a new roll of bricks, nougat brick bricks! They are like a brick wall except in 1x2 form. Not only would I be able to build brick structures (I prefer plates for it though) but I feel now that I can do the Florida bridges with all of the reinforced earth walls since many have a brick pattern. Maybe put a railfan fig on the girder taping the train beneath.

Meanwhile, for what seems like a continuation of 2010 and a new liberty to city, they can now appeal to older kids with the new inclusions of dark red, dark blue, and dark brown elements. I approve.

In other news, the Star Wars line is a big fat meh. Nothing exciting so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment