Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Feeling of Missing a Hard to Locate Element

Well, I found it. Horses, the model, had an empty box but its parts moved to another box which made it ready for the road, but it never made it out of the house.

With that said, 1.25 models left, which are 2/3 of the black horse and the entire Witch Doctor (2283).

Yet, I'm missing a part I'm either too cheap to compensate, or too short of having in my stash. A connection to the Red-Brown horse, the 1x2 technic brick with TWO holes is missing, in black. I could budge in with a pair of 1x1, but it is such an integral part to the numerous mocs the part is in that I can't risk the structural liberty for a stupid, yes, stupid, 300 part brand ribbon model. Is the world going to end? I suppose not. But I guess the moral here is, there are alternatives when making such a critical decision for a model that is no importance to virtually anyone, except the company, who wants it to represent a good image. As an interesting hint, the blue element on a brown horse implies directly that it is inside of something, and will not be shown. If you guys are commissioned to build like I am and stumble upon something, here's a tip, a spare 2x2 brick, or the simplest element that will suit the connection if they say "use your collection to factor in missing elements". I have a few yellow/orange 2x2 bricks (we're connecting a 1x2 with 2 pin with a 1x2 with 2 hole here) shot over from the Apples model; it'll go perfect. And yet, the black horse will be more firmly connected to the brown one. So frustration cleared, for now, until the next damned Brand Ribbon; oh wait, this is the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment