Saturday, September 17, 2011

LEGO 2012 at a glance

I am mixed about this year's line. While I am not feeling "sold" to the Forest Police/Forest Fire lines, I am getting attracted to one police set.

http://www.miniland.nl/Nieuws/index.htm click LEGO City Van 2012 on this link.

By set (and I plead the first): (and with 2011 estimated prices)

4208 Fire truck - good but can be done with parts at home. It's got foliage though. Estimated price: 25 USD
4209 air rescue? - I'm not sold on this set but the plane's right to scale, a Saab -8 or something like that. Est Price: 70 USD
4427 ATV - Good set but key word for you advanced builders: Parts at home ;) EP 8 USD
4436 Police Car - Ugly. The blue is really tacky. EP 15 USD
4437 off road truck pull over thingamajig - Good set but again, Parts at home here my friends. EP 20 USD
4439 Helicopter - Butt ugly! But I'm happy for once the thing is not juniorized. I might actually get it for the roof elements (if it's cheap) so I can make airplanes. Est. Price: 60 USD
4441 K-9 and Sports car chase - Good set. Not crazy for the van but love the car. Looks like the first of Dark Red in a city line. Sold. EP 30 USD
4431 Ambulance - Great set, very realistic. I might get it for the windscreen and bike but otherwise, meh. EP 20 USD, and the parts should appear to be green and not Dk. Green.
4432 Garbage Truck - Sold. I will buy this one for sure. Looks splendid and like a green version of a real deal. EP 20 USD.
4433 Dirt bike transport - Great set, but Parts at home, my friends.I do like the lime bike though. EP 30 USD.
4434 cement truck - Looks great. I don't know if this is a dump or cement truck. I may buy this... EP 25 USD.
4435 Camper - Love it!!!! The caravan looks like a sale and the car, even though it resembles 7993's, is a keeper. Sold. EP 30 USD.

Creator:
Most are not keepers, but noteworthy:
6913 - a medley of blue and mdblue. I don't really have Medium blue cheese nor round slopes in my stash. EP 10 USD.
6914 - looks like a revisit to 4507, but mucchhh smaller. Liking the DkRed but I don't think he'll be sold. EP 20 USD.
7291 Motorbike - Great use of orange, but no go for me. EP 15 USD.

And as laughable as LEGO Friends is, it looks like an absolutely great resource of bizarre elements. I say GO GET IT, even to the guys; just for the parts. Trim the fat, sell the girl figs, girl parts, and even sticker sheets on BL, and make some interesting stuff with the rest. I know I will, but I guess I have to have a GF with me on my Store trips, or order them online. They're not as ridiculously juniored as the Belville was, and they have tons of odd parts. The new Azure from Spongebob might be that blue tone that's in every set. People make really cool things with these girl colors and you know it! And get this, the "Oye Papo" of Miami is all about pastel tones. Click on "LEGO Friends" on the site. There are enough interesting colors to warrant a sale, and I am known not to be a bearer of sets but to build custom models. Despite the intense number of "cooties" in any given set, the tree house, cafe, store, and dream home have hidden resources great for any builder.

No comments:

Post a Comment