Thursday, September 29, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I am literally getting pressed. The GFLUGers say "Do your best", my parents say "do your best", yet I still have an unrealistic plate for October 4.

Out of 99 models, I have managed to cut it down to 35. Today was one of the most productive, as I nailed 6 Brand Ribbon models and am working on a Kingdoms set. The rest of this week? Fairly sluggish. The 10193, a tedious and horrible build, was not split into submodels and kept me working hours on end.

35 is not bad when you have Friday, Saturday, and much of Sunday. Though, two sets pass the 1,000 element mark, and I have a slow build rate for the Technic builds so the Ferrari Supercar, 1,270 elements, will take a chunk of time.

In the remainder, my folk will nail the last two Duplo models, while I take care of 4 easy hero factories, 10 more sets (3 technic total) and 10-15 super easy Brand Ribbons. Luckily the Sculpture Garden and Flowers, both in scary K5 boxes, look very easy. Minifig parade is a bit more subjective, but also in a K5.

I had friends commit to helping me, but their commitments were meaningless. Luckily one friend did help on Labor Day, and for his 2.5 hours of time, boy am I putting his name down on the credentials for the 30% Discount. Others literally forged excuses to bail out. So this breaks a number of records being a 90% solo effort. I myself took on the Unimog, the Pet Shop, Fire Brigade, and all of those horrendously frustrating Brand Ribbons. And I have never been any happier. Why? They are one of a kind builds that make you feel like a part of the company. You feel like you are building for the likes of LEGOLand, which employ the same scale that the BR involves. And what did I get out of it? Inspiration to make a macro-sigfig of myself. LEGO for display can be a fun thing after all.

So the rush is on. 4 days and 35 models. Challenge accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment