Tuesday, May 3, 2011

LEGO Pet Shop 2011 10218

Photo Here 
(I don't want to be on thin ice for posting a direct photo :P)

The new modular building for 2011 is now out! Here's my editorial on it:

I am very happy that Sand Blue (or is it Sand Purple?) is making a comeback. This is one color I really want to get my hands on. To me it's a Florida builder must as it amply resembles a pastel color. This is a great touch on LEGO's part to include this color on a new set like the sand green on the Cafe Corner.
People are debating that the beige is a light yellow, though I think it's the ol' tan.
The interior details are amazing. Really like the register, bathroom detail, and the animals. The stairway design looks unique as well, similar to a sort of mansion.


A train display integrates many aspects of the City line and the more detailed a town set the more exquisite the display is. We are model railroaders too and these are trackside assets. Building my LEGO restaurant "The Fortress" felt like doing a piece for Miniatur Wunderland, it takes details to come up with a grand display. Modular buildings help make it but also foster creativity and imagination in making "Mods" and other MOCs for the AFOL's pleasure.

But all in all this is destined to be my next purchase. At over 2000pcs it should come up to 150.00 USD.

No comments:

Post a Comment